Our process varies according to the client and the brief, but we always avoid jargon and ‘design speak’ – while we will talk you through our moodboards, we’ll never talk about ‘love marks’ or ‘reaching out going forward’!
Our typical branding process includes the following steps:
- We’ll really get to know your organisation, understanding your personality, values, tone, aspirations and more. We’ll combine this with a design analysis of your competitors and peers so we know the best – and worst – of your sector.
- We’ll create moodboards to explore initial design directions and present them to you for feedback. See our work for LGBT rights organisation Human Dignity Trust or FORWARD.
- We’ll carry out further experiments and design investigations based on your feedback, towards logos and/or wordmark concepts.
- Once we’ve agreed one or two final routes, we’ll apply these to assets (letterheads, tote bags, T-shirts etc) so you can visualise your new brand coming to life. We’ll then finesse these based on your feedback.
- This usually includes logos, colours and typography, with potential for other brand needs – iconography, illustration, photography and more.
- Once you’re entirely happy with your new visual identity, we’ll produce all your final assets and in-depth brand guidelines.
Then you’re good to go!