The aim of the role is to ensure that clients’ websites are performing to their optimum level. This is done through ongoing client engagement, developing the relationship to engender trust and extend our expertise. The Senior Digital Strategist forms long-term relationships with clients, reviewing goals and metrics to determine the appropriate recommended course(s) of action to achieve key website aims.
Key duties & responsibilities
You will work with our clients to set their strategies on their website and/or project strategies and establish the goals and metrics, working with Project Managers, SEO and Data Managers and the delivery team to implement these across the projects.
Once a client’s project is live, you will meet with them, on a quarterly basis, reviewing and consulting with the client and recommending actions that can be done to achieve the website goals. The work to be undertaken (to achieve goals) may be work done by the client, done by Fat Beehive or done by a third party.
While the role does not have sales targets, it is about generating appropriate work and actions on the client’s websites and, where possible, this work will be undertaken by Fat Beehive if the client cannot.
As this role encompasses a fast-moving but specialist field, the Senior Digital Strategist will need to keep abreast of market trends and constantly evolve and improve the services that Fat Beehive offer to our clients.
Skills and experience
We understand everyone’s experience is unique, but we are particularly interested in those that have some of the following skills or experience:
- You either have experience working within an agency with charity or ethical clients or you have worked in-house at a charity or ethical organisation.
- You will have a wide and detailed understanding of the multiple components involved in making a website successful, including digital marketing and SEO, UX and research, and content strategies, and have a technical understanding of websites.
- You will have experience in establishing goals for clients and setting OKR/ KPIs
- You will have experience, or the ability to run google ads (and other ad systems).
- You will have an excellent and empathetic relationship with clients, putting them at ease, understanding their position and working towards a common aim with the client.
- You will have some sales experience in digital products such as websites and apps.
- You will be a highly organised and efficient operator, with great communication skills that establish long-term partnerships with clients.
- You will be deeply interested and engaged in charity and not-for-profit causes, and able to both empathise and adopt the point of view of the client organisations.
What we offer
£45,000 salary depending on skills and experience.
Other benefits include a training budget, pension scheme, flexible working hours, and drinks on Wednesdays (because of hump day!).
95% of our clients are charities and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
With our charity sector client base we can’t compete with commercial agency salaries, but we feel our comprehensive benefits package (and the knowledge your work makes a difference) balance things out.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked (up to 5 extra days)
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%, increasing to 10% after 5 years
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Health and Wellbeing Budget
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Free weekly drinks
- Free fortnightly yoga
About Fat Beehive
We’re a small and friendly team, and you get to work with our fantastic clients – all of which make a genuinely positive impact on our societies.
We are a growing team of about 30 who, when not working from home, work in a relaxed, informal office in a converted warehouse in Borough (London) and Ancoats (Manchester). There is often cake. There is often music playing. There is often laughter.
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment – see what it’s like. We want to create an environment where people want to come to work – one that engages them to give their best.
We’ve all chosen to work in the charity design sector because we want to help bring about positive social change – and we know that starts with us as individuals. We’re always challenging ourselves to work in a way that puts awareness of power, diversity and inclusivity at its heart.
We don’t work for oil, mining, arms, banking and sweatshops. But we do work for charities that challenge these and more. Come join us.
Getting the right person for this role is really important to us. You will get to work with the wider team so we feel it’s important that you get to meet them and get to know them, and vice versa.
Therefore the recruitment process will be as follows:
- Apply through the form below, attaching a copy of your CV
- Hold an initial call with our Chief of Staff so we can learn more about your experience
- In-person meeting with some of our team that you will get to work with.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled people from racialised minority backgrounds, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
At any point of the process, if there are any reasonable adjustments that you need to help us ensure that our recruitment process is fair and inclusive, just let us know.
Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 18th January 2023 at 23:59
- Meetings to be held 25th – 27th January 2023
Complete the application form below.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.