Fat Beehive is seeking an experienced, and socially-engaged project manager to guide our clients’ projects through planning, build, go-live and beyond.
At Fat Beehive we research, design and build websites, run discovery and strategy workshops for charities, social enterprises and NGOs. Ideally, you would have a passion for the charity sector and a portfolio of work that reflects that.
Our Project managers are creative with technical prowess. You’ll wear many hats and juggle competing demands. You’ll get the best out of our clients as well as our team of designers and developers, in order to deliver simple as well as complex, quality websites on time and on budget. But skills are only part of what we look for – we’ll leverage your passion for social justice, activism, the environment and more.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled and people from ethnic minority backgrounds, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Work with our Creative and Technical Leads to define and propose the best solutions for each project.
- Produce detailed costings and project plans for each project.
- Collaborate with Creative and Technical Leads to write detailed technical specifications.
- Plan project tasks in a Kanban Agile style that meets the agreed budget and timings.
Production management, 60%
- Work with our Creative and UX leads to conduct user research and workshops.
- Drive and oversee the design and development of, primarily, Drupal and WordPress site builds.
- Conduct quality assurance testing, including cross-browser testing and/or co-ordinate such QA.
- Work collaboratively with the other Project Managers to schedule work and monitor actual and projected spend to keep your projects within budget.
- Be passionate about quality and meeting creative and technical standards.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
Client development, 15%
- Be your clients’ main point of contact from discovery to delivery.
- Set and manage clients’ and partners’ expectations throughout.
- Continually look for and pursue further opportunities within your client base.
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Meet invoicing milestones and update our financial systems.
- Represent Fat Beehive and network at industry events to further our profile and attract the best talent and business.
You will have:
- Experience in managing the build of Drupal and/or WordPress websites.
- Confidence planning and managing technical web builds.
- Overseen integrations with third-party APIs such as Salesforce or CiviCRM.
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile project management (we practise Kanban Agile which we can teach you).
- Worked in a digital agency or similarly fast-paced environment.
What we offer
£38,000 – £40,000 salary depending on skills and experience.
Other benefits include a training budget, pension scheme, flexible working hours, and drinks on Wednesdays (because of hump day!).
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
With our charity sector client base we can’t compete with commercial agency salaries, but we feel our comprehensive benefits package (and the knowledge your work makes a difference) balance things out.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked (up to 5 extra days)
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%, increasing to 10% after 5 years
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Health and Wellbeing Budget
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Free weekly drinks
- Free fortnightly yoga
About Fat Beehive
We’re a small and friendly team, and you get to work with our fantastic clients – all of which make a genuinely positive impact on our societies.
We are a growing team of about 30 who, when not working from home, work in a relaxed, informal office in a converted warehouse in Borough (London) and Ancoats (Manchester). There is often cake. There is often music playing. There is often laughter.
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment – see what it’s like. We want to create an environment where people want to come to work – one that engages them to give their best.
We’ve all chosen to work in the charity design sector because we want to help bring about positive social change – and we know that starts with us as individuals. We’re always challenging ourselves to work in a way that puts awareness of power, diversity and inclusivity at its heart.
We don’t work for oil, mining, arms, banking and sweatshops. But we do work for charities that challenge these and more. Come join us.
Closing date for applications
- Sunday 4th September 2022 at 23:59
- Interviews to be held Wednesday 7th September
Complete the application form below.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.