You should be an all-round coder and be able to jump in with object-oriented PHP. You’ll already have several Drupal 8 projects under your belt. Alternatively, you’ll have a strong Drupal 7 portfolio combined with experience with Symfony, and have done many RESTful API integrations, usually with the help of Guzzle. You’re comfortable using the command line and work together with the team to increase automation and optimise workflow.
Key duties & responsibilities
Technical planning, 10%
- Be curious about and keep up to date with the progress of PHP and other web technologies.
- Work with our Technical Lead to define and propose the best technical approach for each project.
- Plan your tasks in a Kanban Agile style that meets the agreed budget and timings.
Drupal development, 80%
- Collaborate with designers/frontend developers to deliver entire sites and web apps.
- Write clean, efficient and readable code.
- Be expert in Drupal development (all new sites are in Drupal 8).
- Be familiar with object oriented concepts used in PHP frameworks (such as Symfony, Zend, etc), database abstraction layers etc.
- Understand how to write efficient MySQL queries without the support of frameworks or CMSs.
- Have used version control software such as Mercurial or Git.
- Have experience with Linux/Unix command line environment.
- Have extensively integrated with third party APIs such as Salesforce or CiviCRM.
- Be passionate about coding quality and meeting standards.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
- Be considerate of time and budget allocations (so we can pay the bills!)
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Represent Fat Beehive and network at industry events to further our profile and attract the best talent and business.
- Create: Build websites and apps, mostly on Drupal 8.
- Scope: gather requirements, come up with creative technical solutions, write technical specifications.
- Pitch: help our client partners develop proposals/costs.
- Contribute: further our coding standards, technical strategy and R&D, contribute back to to the Drupal community, mentor others on the team.
It would be an advantage to also:
- Develop on WordPress.
- Have an understanding of Linux / AWS server management. Exposure to Ansible.
- Relevant computer science degree or more.
What we offer
£35-40K salary depending on skills and experience.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly performance bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked.
- Matched pension contribution
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Bi-weekly chair massage, (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
- Free Friday drinks – and team lunch every month
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment. We want to create a workspace where people want to come to work and that engages them to give their best. Attracting, recruiting, developing and inspiring the very best people – people who are happy and engaged in their work do a better job – which ultimately makes it easier for us to delight our clients.
Please complete the form below
We especially encourage applications from women, BAME, and disabled candidates.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.