Our Producers are project managers with creative and technical prowess. You’ll wear many hats and juggle competing demands. You’ll get the best out of our clients as well as our team of designers and developers, in order to deliver simple as well as complex, quality websites on time and on budget. But skills are only part of what we look for – we’ll leverage your passion for social justice, activism, the environment and more.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Work with our Creative and Technical Leads to define and propose the best solutions for each project.
- Produce detailed costings and project plans for each project.
- Collaborate with Creative and Technical Leads to write detailed technical specifications.
- Plan project tasks in a Kanban Agile style that meets the agreed budget and timings.
Production management, 60%
- Work with our Creative and UX leads to conduct user research and workshops.
- Drive and oversee the design and development of, primarily, Drupal and WordPress site builds.
- Conduct quality assurance testing, including cross-browser testing and/or co-ordinate such QA.
- Book resources with our Head of Production and monitor actual and projected spend to keep your projects within budget.
- Be passionate about quality and meeting creative and technical standards.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
Client development, 15%
- Be your clients’ main point of contact from discovery to delivery.
- Set and manage clients’ and partners’ expectations throughout.
- Continually look for and pursue further opportunities within your client base.
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Meet invoicing milestones and update our financial systems.
- Represent Fat Beehive and network at industry events to further our profile and attract the best talent and business.
You will have:
- Managed the build of Drupal and/or WordPress websites.
- Confidence planning and managing technical web builds.
- Overseen integrations with third-party APIs such as Salesforce or CiviCRM.
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile project management (we practise Kanban Agile).
- Worked in a digital agency or similarly fast-paced environment.
What we offer
£37,000 – £41,000 salary depending on skills and experience.
Other benefits include a training budget, pension scheme, 10am start to the day, drinks on Fridays, and a bi-weekly chair massage (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
We are a small team who work in a relaxed, informal offices in Borough (London) and Manchester. There is often cake. There is often music playing. We don’t have a ping-pong table, table football or an office dog (and we have no plans to get one). We tolerate beards, but only because Danny has one. We hire and work with people who are focused on the charity and not-for-profit sector, who love and follow the web’s developments but we stop at the weekend to do something totally different.
Complete the application form below.