You’ll wear many hats and juggle competing demands. You’ll get the best out of our clients as well as our team of designers and developers to improve the digital offerings of our clients.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled and people from ethnic minority backgrounds, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
Key duties & responsibilities
Client Support and development, 50%
- Be your clients’ main point of contact.
- You will manage client requests, brief small jobs internally and ensure the consistent delivery of quality work within budget and timelines to Fat Beehive’s clients
- Manage retainers for ongoing strategic partnerships
- Continually look for and pursue further opportunities alongside the Client Relations team to help our charity clients reach and support as many people as possible
Digital Project management, 45%
- Conduct quality assurance testing, including cross-browser testing and/or co-ordinate such QA.
- Set and manage clients’ and partners’ expectations throughout.
- Book resources in the production schedule and monitor actual and projected spend to keep your projects within budget.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
- Deputising for project managers when the schedule is busy.
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Meet invoicing milestones and update our financial systems.
- Represent Fat Beehive and network at industry events to further our profile and attract the best talent and business.
You will be:
- Comfortable with technical aspects of digital delivery and demonstrable experience working with content management systems (WordPress or Drupal)
- Confident in planning and managing technical or creative projects.
- Enthusiastic to learn new vocabulary and skills
- Confident to communicate well with both clients and colleagues
- Able to work calmly and methodically under pressure, sometimes to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple incoming tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised within the team
What we offer
Other benefits include a training budget, pension scheme, 10am start to the day, and drinks on Wednesdays (because hump day).
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
We are a small team of about 30 who, when not working from home, work in relaxed, informal offices in a converted warehouse in Borough (London) and Ancoats (Manchester). There is often cake. There is often music playing. We don’t have a ping pong table, table football or an office dog (although we do Borrow My Doggy and get regular visitors!).
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment – see what it’s like. We want to create an environment where people want to come to work – one that engages them to give their best.
We’ve all chosen to work in the charity design sector because we want to help bring about positive social change – and we know that starts with us as individuals. We’re always challenging ourselves to work in a way that puts awareness of power, diversity and inclusivity at its heart.
We don’t work for oil, mining, arms, banking and sweatshops. But we do work for charities that challenge these and more. Come join us.
Complete the application form below.
Application deadline: 31st July 2022
Interview date: 5th August 2022