This is a fast-paced, client-facing role that requires excellent verbal and written communication, and ideally you will have worked in a website support capacity already, or have a developer background, and you’ll enjoy processing client’s requests quickly and accurately.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled and people from ethnic minority backgrounds, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
Key duties & responsibilities
Client Support and development, 50%
- Be your clients’ main point of contact.
- You will manage client requests, brief small jobs internally and ensure the consistent delivery of quality work within budget and timelines to Fat Beehive’s clients
- Manage retainers for ongoing strategic partnerships
- Continually look for and pursue further opportunities alongside the Client Relations team to help our charity clients reach and support as many people as possible
Digital Project management, 45%
- Conduct quality assurance testing, including cross-browser testing and/or co-ordinate such QA.
- Set and manage clients’ and partners’ expectations throughout.
- Book resources in the production schedule and monitor actual and projected spend to keep your projects within budget.
- Be able to communicate technical aspects to non-technical people.
- Deputising for project managers when the schedule is busy.
- Accurately track time spent and ensure efficient production.
- Meet invoicing milestones and update our financial systems.
- Represent Fat Beehive and network at industry events to further our profile and attract the best talent and business.
You will be:
- Comfortable with technical aspects of digital delivery and demonstrable experience working with content management systems (WordPress or Drupal)
- Confident in planning and managing technical or creative projects.
- Enthusiastic to learn new vocabulary and skills
- Confident to communicate well with both clients and colleagues
- Able to work calmly and methodically under pressure, sometimes to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple incoming tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised within the team
What we offer
95% of our clients are charities and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked (up to 5 extra days)
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%, increasing to 10% after 5 years
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Health and Wellbeing Budget
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Free weekly drinks
- Free fortnightly yoga
About Fat Beehive
We are a small team of about 30 who, when not working from home, work in relaxed, informal offices in a converted warehouse in Borough (London) and Ancoats (Manchester). There is often cake. There is often music playing. We don’t have a ping pong table, table football or an office dog (although we do borrowmydoggy and get regular visitors!).
Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment – see what it’s like. We want to create an environment where people want to come to work – one that engages them to give their best.
We’ve all chosen to work in the charity design sector because we want to help bring about positive social change – and we know that starts with us as individuals. We’re always challenging ourselves to work in a way that puts awareness of power, diversity and inclusivity at its heart.
We don’t work for oil, mining, arms, banking and sweatshops. But we do work for charities that challenge these and more. Come join us.
Getting the right person for this role is really important to us. You will get to work with the wider team so we feel it’s important that you get to meet them and get to know them, and vice versa.
Therefore the recruitment process will be as follows:
- Apply through the form on our website, attaching a copy of your CV
- Hold an initial call with our Chief of Staff so we can learn more about your experience
- Online meeting with your direct team.
We especially encourage applications from women, disabled people from racialised minority backgrounds, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the technology industry.
At any point of the process, if there are any reasonable adjustments that you need to help us ensure that our recruitment process is fair and inclusive, just let us know.
Closing date for applications
- September 14th 2023 at 23:59
- Meetings to be held W/C 18th September 2023
Complete the application form below.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.