Can you empathise with charity and not-for-profit clients? Can you understand the things they need from their website, which they sometimes can’t see? Will you enjoy representing Fat Beehive at pitches, selling websites that are affordable and easy to use?
Fat Beehive is looking for an approachable, friendly and effective salesperson, interested in helping charities, NGO and social enterprises get a brilliant website! We’re looking for a person who is able to prioritise a busy schedule of written quotes and face-to-face presentations.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business for the company, including prospecting for new clients and then planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to work with us. They should have a passion for the charity sector and a record of creating new business.
The Business Development Manager reports to the Head of Client Strategy and Partnerships but will work closely with the CEO and the production team to create accurate pricing and appropriate solutions for quotes. We are also recruiting for a business development executive role so with your team you can lead the direction of sales.
This is a key role in the agency and would suit an ambitious, self-motivated, Business Development Manager already in a similar role or looking for their next step up.
Key duties & responsibilities
Sales / New business development, 80%
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Creating quotes: interpreting brief, specifying appropriate functionality, setting prices and time-lines; writing documents
- Creating and delivering sales presentations
- Sales follow up: Negotiating and closing
- Handover to production team
- Maintaining accurate records of leads
- Producing and analysing reports of all sales activity
- Reviewing own sales performance aiming to meet or exceed sales targets
- Assisting the Head of Client Strategy and Partnerships in creating a yearly marketing strategy and organising quarterly reviews
- Fat Beehive website contributor
- Newsletter and blog contributor
- Producing copy for marketing materials
- Contributing to delivery of the social marketing strategy
- Representing the company at conferences and networking events
Business strategy and development, 10%
- Sales process development
- Contributing to product and service development
- Attend and contribute to organisational meetings and processes
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Team working and leadership skills
- Attention to detail
What we offer
Salary: £35k – (£48k OTE salary)
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly performance bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked.
- Matched pension contribution
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Bi-weekly chair massage, (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
- Free Friday drinks – and team lunch every month
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
Voted 8th Best Place to Work by Campaign magazine in 2019, Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment. We want to create a workspace where people want to come to work and that engages them to give their best. Attracting, recruiting, developing and inspiring the very best people – people who are happy and engaged in their work do a better job – which ultimately makes it easier for us to delight our clients.
Closing date for applications
- Friday 8th January 2021 at 17:00
- Interviews to be held Thursday 14th January
Please complete the form below
We especially encourage applications from women, BAME, and disabled candidates.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.