Can you empathise with charity and not-for-profit clients? Will you enjoy building up relationships with potential new clients, creating proposals for them and getting your teeth into Fat Beehive’s marketing?
Fat Beehive is looking for an approachable, friendly and effective salesperson, interested in helping charities, NGO and social enterprises get a brilliant website!
The Business Development Executive will work alongside the Business Development Manager to developing new business for the company, including prospecting for new clients and then planning persuasive approaches that will convince potential clients to work with us. They should have a passion for the charity sector and a record of creating new business.
The Business Development Executive reports to the Business Development Manager but will work closely with the Head of Client Partnerships and the production team to create appropriate solutions for quotes. The Business Development Executive will also work with the team to help manage our social media channels and create a content calendar for our marketing.
This is a new role for the agency and would suit someone who thrives on helping others, looking for a great new role at a friendly, flexible agency working with some really inspirational clients.
Key duties & responsibilities
Sales / New business development, 80%
- Generating and qualifying leads
- Working with the Business Development Manager to manage a pipeline of new leads
- Creating proposals: interpreting brief, working with the team to specify appropriate functionality, setting prices and time-lines; writing documents
- Reviewing own sales performance aiming to meet or exceed sales targets
- Writing for the web and different channels with SEO in mind; for case studies, social media, email and awards entries
- Updating CMS content, bearing in mind SEO and accessibility best practices
- Create and maintain a content or editorial calendar, with guidance from the rest of the team
- Social media channel management, either individually or through a third-party system such as Hootsuite
- Email content creation and distribution experience, using tools like Mailchimp
- Representing Fat Beehive at conferences and events
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and juggle competing priorities
- Attention to detail
What we offer
Salary: £25k – (£32.5k OTE salary)
Other benefits include:
- Profit Share (shared equally) and quarterly performance bonus
- 27 days annual leave, 2 volunteer days per year and an extra day of leave for each year worked.
- Matched pension contribution
- Dental Plan, Income Protection and Death in Service benefit
- Season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated training budget
- Flexible and fair working culture
- Bi-weekly chair massage, (from a qualified masseuse) to prevent RSI.
- Free Friday drinks – and team lunch every month
95% of our clients are charity and not-for-profit organisations. We actively seek to work with this type of client and this means you’ll get to work with some very nice people indeed.
About Fat Beehive
Voted 8th Best Place to Work by Campaign magazine in 2019, Fat Beehive is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair work environment. We want to create a workspace where people want to come to work and that engages them to give their best. Attracting, recruiting, developing and inspiring the very best people – people who are happy and engaged in their work do a better job – which ultimately makes it easier for us to delight our clients.
Closing date for applications
- Friday 8th January 2021 at 17:00
- Interviews to be held Thursday 14th January
Please complete the form below
We especially encourage applications from women, BAME, and disabled candidates.
We already work with selected recruiters, so ask that other recruiters don’t contact us.